Recent News on Blood Pressure readings

Money & Finance
Science Explained
Technology
powered by

My Blog

Recent News on Blood Pressure readings

and to this article referenced below:

Important takeaways from my perspective:
  • In Canada, “Normal blood pressure remains 120/80. (The top number, systolic, measures pressure on the blood vessels when the heart contracts; the bottom number, diastolic, measures pressure when the heart relaxes between beats.)”
  •  “..in Canada…. about 20 per cent of adults …. are considered hypertensive.”
  • “Right now, we do a terrible job of measuring blood pressure. That's because blood pressure can fluctuate wildly, especially during a rushed doctor's visit. As a result, a lot of people are over treated and a lot are under-treated.”
  • “The alternative is self-measurement. Home blood pressure monitoring devices are increasingly affordable, but you have to get a decent one.”
Personal Note:
After a rather hi BP reading recently in my GPs office, I was sent for serial quiet BP measurement. A week or so later, ten minutes after arriving, I was placed in a quiet room, where the nurse set up the BP cuff. Over the next ten or so minutes, my BP was taken 5 times. The resultant average BP was significantly lower than that taken in my GPs office a week earlier. RESULT – no need for follow up actions.
Knowledge is Power!

19 Comments to Recent News on Blood Pressure readings:

Comments RSS
Latest Fashion Trends on January-16-18 5:33 AM
Great post!! It is most useful for BP patients...

top essay services on June-10-18 8:42 PM
I have been suffering from high blood pressure ever since I was in high-school and it's really hard to live under that condition. Often times I get tired and it's greatly affecting my performance in school which is a big deal because I am very concerned with my grades. It's too bad that I also had to stop for a year just to get better but, luckily I'm all well now. It’s very important to take care of ourselves because our body is our key to getting our goals in life.

top ten resume writing services on July-24-18 10:12 PM
My mother had no history of high blood pressure but she is diabetic. After our flight yesterday, she had dizzy feeling and doctors examined her and said that she had high blood pressure. After a day, the doctor prescribed her blood pressure medicine and after taking the medicine, she became very weak and unable to walk but her blood pressure went normal. She experienced the shaking of her body and as well as her lips. Can u please advise me what to do now? I want to know whether she can stop the medicine now or she has to take it for her entire life as I heard high blood pressure medicine cannot be stopped after taking once because it is a maintenance and continuous medication. She only took three tablets as prescribed. Thank you for your answers, it will be appreciated.

Felix Marquez on April-03-18 4:54 AM
regular job.

the best writing service on April-25-18 9:18 AM
I have always been an unmotivated person regarding exercise so as an essay writer I now realize the importance of being physical. Thank you for the motivation.

smokey on April-25-18 11:25 AM
Wow what an amazing post, this was genuinely interesting to me and useful also. You always share great stuff and we hope to see more posts from you soon.

uk.superiorpapers.com review on May-02-18 3:05 PM
Do you have any other news to share with us? I just want to be informed about recent events.

http://www.malebodyenhancement.com on May-04-18 11:03 AM
Best and thanks for sharing.

bestessay on May-06-18 9:11 PM
A high or low blood pressure can have a great impact with our body as well as with our daily activities in life. If you are a person who has a high blood pressure, you should maintain the necessary medicines so that the blood pressure can be regulated and if you’re a person who has a low blood pressure you must intake food or medicine that can normalize your blood pressure. See, blood pressure plays an important role. So we should have to properly measure it and take care also our self so that we can avoid it.

Russian Escorts in Gurgaon on May-18-18 1:38 AM
Quality content is the crucial to attract the people to pay a quick visit the site, that’s what this website is providing.

Escorts Services in Gurgaon on May-18-18 8:21 AM

Anonymous on May-31-18 10:35 PM
Nice

Mr hami on June-01-18 3:20 PM
the people to pay a quick

how to recover permanently deleted photos from iphone 6 on June-04-18 1:41 AM
MiniTool Power Data Recovery provides 8 license types to meet the diverse needs of users: Free, Personal Standard, Personal Deluxe, Personal Ultimate, Business Standard, Business Deluxe, Business Enterprise and Business Technician. The former 4 license types are designed for home users while the latter 4 are suitable for business users.

Cableinternet-deals on June-30-18 6:23 AM
I really like the blog.I have shared your site with many friends and family. It is always a pleasure to read.

rushessay login on July-24-18 5:14 AM
Thank you for this educational article! It made me more aware of my health. I have a question to ask, though? How much can I trust home BP machines? I am the type of the person to personally tract my vitals. I have heard that home BP machines may not necessarily be accurate, but so many of the BP machines I've seen doctors use are similar to those you can simply buy in a drugstore. In any case, I hope to see more quality content in your website!

loemrntdherid1 on August-01-18 9:48 PM
Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

lilly urma on August-08-18 1:43 PM
Hypercet maintains blood pressure within the normal range. Supports systemic balance in the cardiovascular system responsible for regulating blood flow and healthy blood pressure. Supports healthy circulation and coronary artery health. http://www.lnk123.com/aff_coffer_id=276&aff_id=404391 I took this offer, you can check it. #bloodpressure #bloodflow

bitwar on November-13-18 10:35 PM
Thank you for publishing such a content, it is very useful here.